Wirral Society of the Blind and Partially Sighted (WSBPS) provides services and support for people living with sight loss.
We are the only voluntary organisation based in Wirral providing the practical, social and emotional support people need to enable fulfilled and independent living.
WSBPS are a local independent Charity raising our own funds to continue service provision. We run many activities that involve our own service users, helping us to raise our profile and raise funds for The Charity. Local community support is invaluable in helping our fund raising.
Our Resource Centre based in Birkenhead is open from 9am – 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday providing the following services and activities:
- Drop in information and advice
- Advocacy support ( benefits advice, housing, employment)
- Low vision support groups
- Arts and creative activities classes( pottery, ceramics, textiles)
- Social groups for the elderly
- Low vision assessment clinic
- Information Technology courses
- Children and family support group ( After school activities, young people support group)
- Health and well being activities ( gentle exercise and relaxation)
Having provided services in Wirral since 1989 we have grown over the years and now provide services that have been identified and developed by working with the people who use and need provision.
WSBPS takes a positive approach to visual impairment focusing on what people can do and achieve, providing the support and encouragement to enable people to live full and active lives.
All support is welcomed and if you’d
like to know more about WSBPS
and how you can help us please click on the red button below or visit our website: www.wirralsociety.org