Wirral Mencap helping people with learning disabilities
Wirral Mencap is a local, independent charity that works with and for people with a learning disability and their families. We provide a range of services and opportunities that improve the quality of life of local people and which create a more accessible, inclusive and supportive community.
Our key projects and services are:
· An Outreach Service providing information, advice and practical support to individuals and families in the areas of; accessing benefits and entitlements, planning for the future, exploring housing and support options and navigating local services.
· Befriending and Supported Volunteering
· Personal Development Programme (The Gateway Award) which supports people to develop new and existing skills, develop new hobbies and interests and become more independent.
· Weekly social club and annual supported holiday to Devon
· Information and social events
· Bi-monthly newsletter to inform people of new services, opportunities and relevant local news
· Minibus (which is lent free of charge to other local groups and organisations for the benefit of people with a learning disability)
Tel: 0151 666 1829